Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pantry Dinner?

Is this what your pantry dinners look like? Seth requested curry a few days ago. What? Your 11 year olds don’t ask for curry??

  • Lamb chops - Scott got little tiny lamb chops on sale a while ago. I re-discovered them rooting around the freezer
  • ½ onion – all that was left in the house
  • Trader Joes Thai Green Curry simmer sauce – just about the last thing from our run to TJ in Dayton on our last trip – good thing we are going again in a couple weeks – I’m out of Two Buck Chuck too!
  • Chick Peas
  • Rice
  • Frozen basil & garlic squares – also from Trader Joes. I have the basil, garlic and cilantro squares. I LOVE these things! So convenient and easy!

Heat 1-2 T olive oil over medium high heat

Add in sliced onion and let brown – this goes quickly. Add in a garlic square.

Lay down the lamb chops in the pan and let get very brown on both sides. Leave out two chops for your daughter who doesn’t want curry.

De-glaze pan with the last of your Two Buck Chuck Chardonnay

Dump in the simmer sauce, rinse jar with a little water to get all the goodness out

Dump in the drained chicken peas

Reduce heat.

Simmer until your husband gets home.

Meanwhile – you’ve made your rice with turkey stock you had in the freezer – right? Add in a basil square for color and flavor. I always start the rice as soon as I get home. It stays warm and ready if you don’t remove the lid and keep the pan on the stove.

Serve curry with rice. Serve plain lamb chops with rice for Maya.

I was this was a tiny bit more spicy but the sauce is so flavorful and wonderful. I rarely use items like this but I’ll definitely be using this one again! I didn't think this was going to be so good - so I didn't take a pic! Next time!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Mmm, that's for me; I love lamb and curry.

Lisa said...

Also love the new look of your blog!

Fern's mom said...

Thanks! I needed SOMETHING that was spring-like and fresh! Sure not getting it from the weather.