Saturday, May 08, 2010

More Penzeys!

I'm hooked. I admit it. Check it out.

My latest package had Italian Sausage spice, Greek spice, MORE Breakfast Sausage spice, Grey Sea Salt, Buttermilk Dressing mix and a sample (free!) of Southwest Seasoning.

Today I made:

Turkey Italian Sausage

1 lb. lean ground turkey
1/2 large sweet onion diced
1 T olive oil
1 heaping T Italian Sausage spice

Brown onion in oil with spice. I also had some fresh mushrooms to use up so I threw those in too. Add in turkey and brown well. I snitched and this is sooo wonderfully good.

Also:

Stuffed Zucchini

5 small-ish zucchinis
1/2 sweet onion diced
1/2 T Greek seasoning
2 t olive oil
1/8 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup shredded cheese - I used asiago

slice 4 zucchinis in half lengthwise and in half. slice a small strip off the skin side so they sit flat. Make V cuts and hollow out the middles to make boats. Reserve what you take out.

Salt and bake boats @ 375 for about 20 minutes in a sprayed pan.

Meanwhile, saute onions, spice and the remaining chopped up zucchini and the reserved middles until nicely browned. Add in bread crumbs.

When boats have cooled a bit, stuff with zucchini onion mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for about 10 minutes.

Serve warm or hot.

No comments: