Sunday, January 31, 2010

Two Posts in One Day!

stay tuned for more. I've injured my shoulder and am down for the count today!

This is the best dinner ever. And I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that I didn't eat it until 8 pm after a full day, 30 minute workout and 11 points up to that moment!

Tortellini Soup (serves 4)

3-4 cups chicken stock (I dug into my freezer supply)
1 bag dry tortellini to yield about 4 cups cooked
kale
roasted garlic (I roasted a bunch of veggies this past weekend and this was from that stash)
1 t oil

Heat oil and add in garlic. Smoosh the garlic around so it breaks up. Tear kale off thick stems and add to oil.

Cook the tortellini and drain.

While the tortellini is cooking, add chicken stock to kale and let simmer.

When tortellini is ready, ladle 1 cup into bowl and top with kale/stock. Top with good quality parmesan if you wish (for 1 more point).

This yields a huge bowl of satisfying soup for 5-6 points!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ooh, these both sound delish. What a great, easy, healthy soup.

Hope your shoulder is back to normal.