Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dinner Tonight

I'm home with Seth, who is sick. You may have heard me whine about this already today.

So tonight for dinner - what are you making? Here's mine

Beef & Bean Enchiladas

1/2 lb of some kind of cheap steak. I'm marinating it in olive oil, garlic and red wine (WHINE) vinegar as we speak. I'll cook this slowly in the oven with some onion and then shred
1 can black refried beans
1 large can red enchilada sauce (I would prefer the green but the store didn't have any today)
2 cups cooked brown rice (Since Scott is not home to see me cook - I'm sneaking in the brown that he doesn't like as much of the white) Cooked in microwave in a Pampered Chef rice cooker - BEST. EVER. RICE. COOKER.
salsa - I have like 1/2 jar in the fridge.
grated cheese - we like sharp cheddar
whole grain tortillas

Mix together shredded steak and onions, beans, rice & salsa. Maybe add in some chopped pickled jalapenos. Stuff tortillas with bean mixture and cover with enchilada sauce. Bake for about 1/2 hour and then add cheese and back for another 10 minutes or so and broil at the end.

Serve with: sour cream - Maya, avocados - the rest of us.

Not too fancy but I know everyone will eat it! We some great honey crisps - so I'll serve those on the side.

No comments: